Our first recipe for Flair is a super easy pasta dish: tagliatelle with walnut-sauce and broccoli
15 minutes, 604 kcal per person
Serves 2 people:
1/2 broccoli, cut into florets
1 chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
100 g toasted and chopped walnuts
150 g chestnut mushrooms (the brown ones)
250 g tagliatelle (preferably fresh)
5 tablespoons of mascarpone
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 handful of grated pecorino or parmesan
1 dash of olive oil
salt and pepper
a bit cooking water of the pasta
How to make it:
1. Let lightly salted water in two saucepans boil and add the broccoli and tagliatelle. Cook until both are al dente. Keep the cooking water separately, as you will need that to make the sauce. Don’t pour it away!
2. Glaze the garlic and the chilli in a little olive oil.
3. Add in the mushrooms and cook them.
4. Then add the mascarpone and let the sauce warm without letting it boil.
5. Season with the zest of the lemon, some lemon juice and salt + pepper.
6. Add a little bit cooking water from the pasta to your sauce so you obtain a creamy consistency.
7. Gently stir in 300 g of walnuts and spoon the sauce together with broccoli + pasta.
8. Garnish with freshly grated pecorino or parmesan cheese.
9. Buon appetito!
Picture by © Wout Hendrickx